Last year we braved Camp Bestival with a toddler, she was 2 years 4 months and we doubted that we would make it through one one piece, but you know what, it was o.k. Actually barring the first night, when Baby had an epic first-time-tent-meltdown and we nearly packed up there and then and went home, it was such a wonderful experience. One which I would recommend in a heartbeat. There was so much to do, watch and experience that our minds were well and truly blown.
We were so happy when the guys at Camp Bestival invited us back for another year as official bloggers and we can’t wait to go!
If you are thinking about going to Camp Bestival, I have quite a few posts from last year which might help;
So what does 2016 have in store? Well apart from the awesome outer space theme, again there is so much to pack in. Here are ten things I must-see this year.
- Fat Boy Slim – I grew up listening to his music and to see him live would be amazing.
- Jamie Lawson – I really like the few songs I have heard from Jamie and I know it will be a fab set.
- Inflatable Church – Baby and I had such fun last year dancing away in a giant white inflatable church, watching randoms get ‘fake’ married. It was hysterical!
- World’s largest bouncy castle – Got to be done hasn’t it? I know Baby will adore it and I might never be in the same place as the world’s largest bouncy castle again.
- KT Tunstall – I used to really like KT Tunstall, so this will be a blast from the past.
- Dingly Dell – We went last year, but we just played with Baby in the playground area and didn’t really experience anything else down there. This year, I will make sure we have more time to explore.
- Fireworks – Mr Hubby and I took it in turns to go to bed with Baby (as she was flagging pretty early each night). Last year I wanted to watch the Kaiser Chiefs, so I gave up Sunday night and the closing night fireworks. This year they are all mine!
- Kerry Godliman – This lady is super funny and I can’t wait to see her live show.
- The Scummy Mummies – I LOVE these ladies and saw them at the Blog On Winchester blogging conference. They are so funny, miss their show at your peril!
- The Knackered Mother’s Wine Club – I would love to do this on Saturday night, but not sure if Baby and Mr Hubby will allow! Ha ha! Maybe I should start working on them now. Penny from Alexander Residence shared a post all about the ‘club’.
One thing I will miss this year is the food, it is always such a highlight, but as I am on the Cambridge plan not a morsel will pass my lips. What would you be looking forward to? You can see what Sarah from The Parenting Trials is looking forward to here.
Have you been to a festival with young kids? If you are thinking about going this year Polly from Enchanted Pixie shares her tips on taking babies/toddlers and 76 Sunflowers has a great list of ten ‘extras’ you might not have thought of taking.
Disclosure: Although we are official bloggers and have free admittance, I was not asked to write this post.