Hi and welcome to ‘The List‘. If you are new here, ‘The List‘ is a great linky that I co-host with amaze-balls Hannah from Mums’ Days. The idea is simple, just link up any post that is in list/bullet point format, easy! I use mine to record my weekly highlights and remind myself of my hit list and targets, but yours could be a ‘top ten’ list or anything you fancy. Your posts can be old or new, all welcome.
We are also linking Your First Blogger Conference from our collaborative blog Live. Love. Blog. Hope it helps those of you’re heading to BritMums on Friday.
Changes to The List
The List has been running now for 41 weeks! Hannah and I are so happy with the wonderfully supportive community that has grown and are thrilled that so many of you link up each week and support each other.
The down side is that both Hannah and I are beginning to struggle for time! We regularly have around 140-150 lovely listers and between us we comment on all of the posts. It takes on average 5 minutes to load a page, read and leave a comment, so multiply that by 140 and between us commenting alone takes almost 12 hours!
Both of us are looking after our kids and work full-time on our blogs, so we have started to think about ways we can help you, the Listers, get more out of the linky by making it more of a platform to showcase your fabulous posts. With this in mind here is our plan going forward;
We will both try to comment on as many posts as we can, but we probably won’t get round everyone. The community is wonderful and so if you link up and comment on other people’s posts, you will still get comments and interaction on social media!
Hannah and I will still retweet your links as normal and you will get exposure to our combined Twitter following of almost 16k followers.
We will each feature our favourite 3 posts on our Facebook pages, which will increase your exposure to our following there of almost 10k people.
We would also really like to encourage you to join the Pinterest board – by adding your posts there you have the immediate audience of almost 1000 people, but it’s also like a library, so more people will continue to find your fabulous posts – everyone loves a list, so the potential for traffic is huge!!
We also have some exciting plans, which would mean even more added value for all you lovely lot who link up. We really do value your support and are working on lots of ways to increase the number of eyes on your posts!
My favourite posts from last week were;
Words from the wise(ish) was a fab post, summarising lots of fab advice for expectant mums
Katy’s post on why having big feet rocks was awesome. I have size 9 feet, enough said!
I really enjoyed Jess’ round up of her May blogging goals.
Now time for my list;
- I was at Blogtacular last Saturday so spent Sunday just having a family day.
- Spent some time getting ready for BritMums Live.
- Bought the most expensive lipstick I have ever bought! #MightBeDior (blimey it stays on though!)
BLOG & SOCIAL MEDIA
- I met Grace Bonney at Blogtacular. She is totally inspirational (her blog, Design*Sponge, gets 1 million hits a day!)
- Grace Bonney tweeted me! (no, I am not a stalker, this just made me happy)
- I met Cathy, a lovely new blogging friend
- I moved up to #4 in the Parent Leader board rankings
- Our new blog, received a lovely welcome when it launched last week
- I was inspired by Blogtacular
- My most popular blog post this week was; Apart from last week’s The List, it was How to set achievable blogging goals
- My own favourite post this week was; My Gratitude List
- New blog discovery: The fabulous Milk Drunk Diary
So you know what do to, grab the badge and link up your lists. I can’t wait to have a read!